KBL Design Center E-Commerce Formal Policies
Terms and Conditions:
Thank you for visiting KBL Design Center on-line. If you wish to purchase from our on-line catalog, you agree to the following terms and conditions. KBL Design Center reserves the right to change prices and to modify or change our Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to you. Therefore, we recommend that you please read them carefully before using our website.
We are required by the State of Illinois law to charge 8.25% sales tax on product shipped to any Illinois address. Shipments made outside of Illinois will not be charged sales tax, however you may be responsible for your states use or sales tax.
- We ship within the 48 contiguous United States. We are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses.
- Absolutely no shipments will be made outside the USA for any reason.
- Most Orders will ship via U.P.S. or Federal Express.
- Some larger items or orders may have to be shipped via common carrier. You are responsible for removing the items off the bed of the truck into your home. A responsible person, over 18 years of age, must be present and accept and sign for delivery.
- We accept returnable products within 14 days of receipt of the product if they are in the manufacturers original packaging (including all packaging materials, parts, and accessories). The product must be suitable for resale, brand new (never used, installed, or altered) and in perfect condition.
- Merchandise that has been installed, altered, or damaged in any way does not qualify for a return or refund.
- You must request a Return Goods Authorization number (RGA) prior to returning the product. A RGA may be requested online or by calling (309)279-5832 ext 10. Products without a valid RGA number will be refused. Once we issue a RGA, we must receive the product within 10 days or no refund will be given.
- Merchandise must be returned and shipped at purchaser’s expense.
- No returns allowed on custom products, certain special orders and all discount or clearance products. Defective product or product received damaged may be returned when labeled with the assigned RGA number.
- When returning any item, please pack properly. We recommend that you purchase shipping insurance. We cannot provide a refund for any product received in our warehouse in damaged condition.
- In order to keep our prices as low as possible, we must charge a 25% RESTOCKING FEE. You original shipping and processing charges will not be refunded (If applicable).
- Orders returned after 14 days or without a RGA number will not be accepted.
- The warranty given by the manufacturer is the only warranty in connection with the goods purchased.
- KBL Design Center disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We neither assume nor authorize any person to assume for us any liability in connection with the sale of the product.
- Under no circumstances shall we be responsible for damage, installation fees or labor of any kind.
- Do not sign for and/or accept receipt of any products that are visible damaged. If a product appears to be damaged, please refuse delivery of the item and notify us immediately at (309)279-5832 ext 10.
- Any product that is received damaged must be reported within 48 hours of receipt. KBL Design Center cannot accept responsibility for any damages after that time. You must contact us at for a RGA number before returning the product.
- Product received with broken glass, dented shade, or a missing part is not considered defective and may not be returned. We will provide the replacement parts at no additional charge.
If within (14) days of receiving your order, any product appears to be defective, contact us immediately. DO NOT SHIP THE PRODUCT BACK WITHOUT CONTACTING US FIRST for an RGA number and return instructions. After we receive the defective merchandise we will inspect it and then return to you the non-defective replacement product at our expense.
After placing your on-line order, you should receive an order acknowledgement from us within 2 business days. At that time we will provide you an estimated shipping date. Although we stock a tremendous amount of inventory, special orders (non-stock) will typically take 2-3 weeks for delivery depending upon availability from our vendors. Occasionally production schedules change and a product will be out of stock. This can cause extensive delays. Backorders are beyond our control. Please contact us at (309)279-5832 ext 10 if your order has not been received in the time expected. We will contact you by e-mail with any backorder information we receive.
Pricing or Product Description Discrepancies:
KBL Design Center makes every effort to assure the accuracy of the pricing and product information on our website. From time to time, pricing or product information may be inaccurate. In such cases, we reserve the right to cancel your order. A complete refund will be made for any items that have not yet shipped. In the event of inaccurate product information, our sole responsibility will be to accept the product return and provide a customer refund.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure the security of your online order information. To check the security of your connection, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window when you proceed to checkout. SSL is active if you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser). To double-check for security, look at the URL line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the site’s address should change from “http” to “https.” All your ordering information — including your name, address, and credit card number — is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behavior of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.